Before we jump into why. Let’s first unpack what Virtual Tours are – for those who may still be new to the virtual world.
A virtual tour is essentially a newer and exciting way of marketing your business, helping you stand out in a crowded marketplace. For your customers and clients, this allows them to virtually experience your products and services. It’s created using 360 photography and videography, in order to make an experience feel as close to reality as possible. A sequence of 360 images and/or 360 videos that give you a simulation of an existing location. Multimedia elements can then be added into this, to stimulate the users other senses. Typically these elements might be music, narration and sound effects. Any business can benefit from virtual tours and there is increasing demand for them.
How Do Virtual Tours Deliver?
Virtual tours can help build trust with customers. People like to be able to have a sense of where they might be staying or what the building layout is. Having a virtual tour creates a sense of luxury – not everyone has one. And they have a positive impact on customer engagement with brand websites, driving more interaction and interest.
Here’s 5 more reasons why virtual tours are worth their weight in gold.
- Half of all adults on the internet rely on virtual tours for product and service research regularly. As technology progresses, so does the desire for it. Did you know that businesses that offer virtual tours enjoy increased bookings? The look-to-book conversion ratio increases from 16% to 67%. The more engaging and interactive your media is, the better you’ll do.
- There are over five million visits on virtual tours every day worldwide, virtual tour statistics confirm. Why is there such a demand for virtual tours? Because it’s such a fantastic tool for your customers, as well as your businesses. It helps establish trust between the customer and your business. A good virtual tour experience will give your customer peace of mind, whilst they get a feel of what you offer, whilst also attracting new customers. Online visitors spend a longer amount of time on websites with virtual tours, giving you the opportunity to increase sales, drive recruitment and site traffic and increase your visibility.
- Virtual tours attract customers in the 18 to 34 years age group, as they are 130% more likely to book based on a virtual tour. Trying to attract Millennials and Gen Z? Well, Millennials are right at the forefront of this new marketing technology. Customers aged between 18-34 are more likely to book a venue or use a service if the business website offers a virtual tour.
- 92% of prospective home buyers research on the internet before reaching out to an agent. Virtual tours have become increasingly important for estate agencies in the last year. And it’s true of most purchase decisions in general, that customers will check online before making a decision – especially millennials. Companies should seek to provide as much information as possible on their websites and include a virtual tour to give customers the best possible experience of their service and products.
- Google likes you more! Google prefers to display virtual images as thumbnails with a two to one ratio. If you have a virtual tour on your Google My Business listing, Google favours your 360 thumbnail pixels to display on search results. So it’s a no brainer way of gaining increased visibility. And the good Google news doesn’t stop there. If your map listing has a Google virtual tour, you could be looking at a 12% increase in engagement. Additionally, stats about Google reveal that businesses with Google virtual tours have a 16% higher chance of appearing in Google Search or Google Maps.
As well as the reasons above, there’s one more reason that we’ve not touched on yet. Virtual tours are very in vogue right now. Why? They’re fun, and they are exciting to customers. Will a virtual tour benefit your business? If you want to advertise your knowledge and offerings, build credibility with prospective customers and improve your search engine results, then the answer is a resounding yes.
Having a virtual tour adds to a sense of luxury- not everyone has one.https://virtualtourguccigarden.gucci.com/#/en
As expert creators of Virtual Tours we’re here to help. If you have any question or query contact our team for free, friendly advice.