What you need to know about virtual recruitment
The COVID-19 pandemic caused a significant shift in the way businesses operate, with virtual recruitment becoming the norm for many organisations. Fast forward a few years and organisations continue to use these virtual methods when approaching recruitment.
What Does Virtual Recruitment Mean?
Virtual recruitment refers to the use of technology to carry out recruitment activities remotely, such as job postings, applicant screening, interviews, virtual job viewings and more. It involves the use of technology such as video, online job boards, social media and VR. Virtual recruitment can be used for any stage of the recruitment process, from initial job postings to onboarding new employees. Take a look at these latest examples by our team:
How Virtual Reality Can Be Used to Increase Talent Acquisition?
Virtual reality (VR) is a technology that creates a simulated environment that can be experienced through a headset. VR can be used by businesses to create realistic job previews (RJPs) that give potential candidates a virtual tour of the workplace and allow them to experience the job before they even apply. This can help businesses to attract candidates who are a good fit for the company culture and reduce staff turnover rates.
VR can also be used to simulate real-world work scenarios, allowing candidates to showcase their skills and abilities. This can help recruiters to make more informed decisions when hiring, reducing the risk of hiring the wrong candidate.
Strengthening Staff Turnover with Virtual Recruitment
Virtual recruitment can also be used to strengthen staff turnover rates. By using virtual reality to create RJPs, candidates can get a better understanding of the role and the company culture, leading to more informed decision-making. This can help reduce staff turnover rates as candidates who are a good fit for the company culture are more likely to stay in their roles.
In addition, virtual recruitment can help to streamline the recruitment process, reducing the time it takes to fill a role. This can help to reduce the workload on existing staff members and prevent burnout, which can also help to reduce staff turnover rates.
Savings, Savings, Savings
Virtual recruitment can help businesses save money on recruitment costs while also improving the quality of their hiring decisions. By leveraging technology to streamline the recruitment process and reach a larger pool of candidates, businesses can save both time and money while improving their chances of finding the best talent for their organisation. Here are just a five ways you could reduce costs by choosing to recruit virtually:
- Reduced Travel Costs: Virtual recruitment eliminates the need for recruiters and candidates to travel for interviews, which can save businesses money on travel expenses such as flights, hotels, and transportation.
- Lower Advertising Costs: Online job boards and social media platforms are often more cost-effective than traditional methods of job advertising such as print advertisements and job fairs.
- Increased Efficiency: Virtual recruitment can help to streamline the recruitment process by reducing the time it takes to fill a role, which can save businesses money on staffing costs and lost productivity.
- Reduced Administrative Costs: Virtual recruitment can help reduce administrative costs associated with recruitment, such as printing and mailing application materials and maintaining physical filing systems.
- Improved Hiring Quality: Virtual recruitment can help businesses to make more informed hiring decisions by providing a more comprehensive view of candidates and their fit with the company culture. This can help to reduce costs associated with turnover and re-hiring.
Virtual recruitment has become a necessity for many businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. It offers many benefits, including the ability to reach a larger pool of candidates, reduce the time it takes to fill a role, and reduce the risk of hiring the wrong candidate. Virtual reality can be used to enhance the recruitment process further, creating realistic job previews and simulating work scenarios. By using virtual recruitment, businesses can increase talent acquisition, reduce staff turnover rates, and strengthen their workforce.